Meals on Wheels. For Our Seniors, There’s No Place Like Home
To our seniors and their families a home is far more than a bunch of rooms – it’s a memory gallery. Each room layered with decades of memories…powerful reminders of the people and places that give their lives meaning.
No hospital, nursing home or facility can ever replace home. It’s why our work is so critically important. Meals on Wheels allows elderly home bound seniors to continue living in the environment of their choice – at home.
How Meals on Wheels works
We deliver hot, nutritious meals to our seniors’ homes Monday through Friday and for our most frail and vulnerable, weekends and holidays. All our menus are approved by a qualified nutritionist, and provide at least one-third of the daily dietary recommendation set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Nutrition education and counseling are also provided under this program. Please note: we do not provide meals for special diets.
The demand for Meals on Wheels is extremely high, and increases each year. As a result, we carefully review each case to ensure our limited resources go to those who need it most. In order to qualify, you or your spouse must be:
- Age 60 or over
- Housebound, i.e. incapacitated due to accident, illness or frailty
- Unable to prepare meals safely, or lack the knowledge and skills to prepare meals
- Lacking support from family, friends, neighbors, health aides or other caregivers to help secure regular meals
- Spouses of home bound older individuals if an assessment indicates that receipt of Meals On Wheels is in best interest of the senior
- Disabled dependent child who resides with an older, eligible individual
Help us serve the community
Though no donation is required, each participant is asked to make a small contribution of $2 per meal to help defray food and preparation costs. It costs over $10 to prepare and serve each meal. Every donation helps us ensure that no senior is ever denied because they can’t afford a contribution.
Click here to learn more about donations.
To learn more about Meals on Wheels, please call us at 732-367-1401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.